USB Microphone Demo
This program shows how to stream audio arriving from the USB Microphone through an AX voice.
It steps through:
- initializing and opening the microphone subsystem
- detecting microphone attachment or detachment and instance creation and removal
- creating AX voices to manage the audio
- routing the audio data retrieved from the microphones through the corresponding voice
Only the most basic AX voice configuration is used. For more sophisticated audio manipulation
and output routing see the Sound System demos.
PCM samples received from the USB microphone subsystem are not copied or manipulated in this demo. The current
position in the ring buffer is used to point the audio system to the next chunk to be DMA'ed.
How to run
- Open a Cafe Cygwin shell and path to the demo folder.
- Run the command '
- Plug in one or two USB microphones.
- As a microphone is plugged in or removed the vid, pid, host, and port information is displayed on the console.
- The sound received at the microphones is played back from the TV as soon as a sufficient number of samples has been received to assure gapless playback.
|Demo source code
2013/05/08 Automated cleanup pass.
2012/08/03 Cleanup Pass
2012/03/08 added the description of execution procedure