Set Up Your Development Environment
To help ensure that the CAT-DEV system setup is successful, perform the installation and setup steps in
the order that they are listed. The steps to set up the Cafe SDK and the CAT-DEV system are:
- Install the base SDK on the host PC.
- Install the Docs Patch for the documentation.
- Install the Demo Patch for the demo programs.
- Set up the CAT-DEV, install the Host Bridge Software on the host PC, and update
the Host Bridge firmware on the CAT-DEV.
- Set the default device.
- New CAT-DEV System Update
- Launch the System Configuration Tool
- Install the MULTI tool chain from Green Hills Software on the host PC.
- Update the boot firmware on the CAT-DEV.
- Set up the DRC and update its firmware.
Detailed steps are provided in this section.
2014-01-22 Added Set Default Device, System Update, and Launch SysConfigTool steps. Removed install cygwin step and rearranged other steps.
2013-12-05 Added Docs and Updater Patch steps.
2013-05-08 Automated cleanup pass.
2013-01-15 Initial version.