Install MULTI Tool Chain from Green Hills Software
The MULTI tool chain from Green Hills Software (MULTI) provides the compiler, linker, and debugger for the Cafe SDK. The installer can be found on the Environment downloads page of your local Nintendo developer support group website.
To install MULTI Tool Chain
- Log on to the Wii U Home page of your local Nintendo developer support group website., and then
- Download the latest version of the Green Hill Software MULTI 5.3.XX package.
- Download the MULTI License package.
- Extract both zip files to empty folders on your PC.
- To install the Green Hill Software MULTI 5.3.XX package, double-click
setup_windows.exe. If the Windows Security Warning dialog box
is displayed, click Run.
- When the Green Hills Software Setup dialog box is displayed, click
- Ensure that the New option is selected, and then click
- Ensure that the Documentation and Core Components check boxes are selected, and then
- In the Installation Directory text box, type the path where MULTI will be installed, and then
click Next. It is recommended that you use the default location, C:\ghs\multi53xx
- In the File Associations menu, click the check box to select or deselect file types that you
want MULTI to open by default, and then click Next. It is recommended that you select
MULTI Project Files only.
- On the Start Menu Entry dialog box:
- If you want to have MULTI added to the Start Menu, ensure that the check box is selected,
and then type the name for the Start Menu entry in the text box.
- If you want shortcuts on the desktop or Quick Launch bar, ensure that the appropriate
check boxes are selected.
- If you want shortcuts created for all users on the computer, ensure that the Create
shortcuts for all users check box is selected.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, click Install.
- After the installation completes, click Click here to launch MULTI.
- The first time that you start MULTI, the MULTI Launcher warning dialog box is displayed.
- When the MULTI Licensing Wizard opens, select the Install licenses from a file radio
button, and then click Next.
- Locate and select the license file that you extracted in step 4, and then click Install.
- In the Select Destination Directory dialog box, type the location where you want MULTI to store the license, and then click OK.
- If you are prompted to create the license folder, click Yes.
- Click Quit.
Update MULTI Tool Version in cafe.bat/cafex_env.bat
cafex_env.bat scripts expect a specific version of MULTI as documented in
the Cafe SDK Release Notes. If you have installed a later version of MULTI, and wish to avoid a warning message, update the MULTI version
cafex_env.bat to match the version of MULTI that you installed.
- Open Notepad or other editor.
- Click File, and then click Open.
- Navigate to the location where you installed the Cafe SDK, and then
cafe.bat/cafex_env.bat to open it.
- Find the line that says
set GHS_ROOT=C:\ghs\multi53xx, where
53xx" corresponds to the expected version of MULTI such as "
then change the version to match the version of MULTI that you downloaded and installed. For example,
if you installed MULTI version 5.3.19, then change the version in the code to
- Click File, click Save, and then close
2013-12-20 Added cafex_env.bat to be edited as well.
2013-05-08 Automated cleanup pass.
2013-01-15 Initial version.