CAT-DEV Development Environment
The Cafe Development Environment consists of:
Cafe SDK Environment
- The base Cafe Software Development Kit (SDK).
- The Cafe SDK Docs Patch (documentation is now unbundled from the base SDK).
- The Cafe SDK Demo Patch (demo patch is now unbundled from the base SDK).
- The Cafe Development Kit (CAT-DEV, or devkit). The CAT-DEV tool, CAT-DEV MP + DRC-DK, includes in the box:
- DRC-DK MP
- Wii Remote Plus (wireless)
- HDMI cable
- Stereo AV cable
- USB to RS-232 cable (not included in the Japanese market)
- A host PC.
- A network switch or secondary network interface card (NIC) for the host PC are recommended (optional).
- A television or monitor (optional).
- Development controllers that include the Wii U GamePad, Wii Remote, and Wii U Pro Controller (optional).
The host PC, Ethernet switch, secondary NIC, and television or monitor are not included with the CAT-DEV tool hardware. These must be provided by the user.
- Cygwin or MinGW/MSYS, which are needed only for building the SDK demos to use
make, and not for operation of the CAT-DEV. For more information, see
cafex tool, a .NET application that executes Cafe applications without using Cygwin.
- The Host Bridge Software package.
- The MULTI tool chain from Green Hills Software, which is downloaded separately. For more
information, see Install the MULTI Tool Chain.
Primary hardware components for the Cafe Development
2014-02-26 Re-org of requirements.
2013-12-09 Documentation and updater images are now unbundled.
2013-09-13 Clarify that Cafe uses Cygwin for 32-bit versions of Windows.
2013-05-08 Automated cleanup pass.
2013-02-28 Move purpose from here to top level of QSG.
2013-01-15 Initial version.