Resetting the CAT-DEV to Factory Default Settings
You may reset your CAT-DEV to factory default settings at any time, for any reason. If you are having trouble with the initial network setup, resetting the CAT-DEV to factory default settings may be helpful. It enables you to begin setting up your CAT-DEV again from a known configuration.
To reset the CAT-DEV settings to the factory default
- Ensure that the CAT-DEV is idle. The ON/OFF switch on the side of the CAT-DEV is turned ON, the red OFF light is illuminated on the front of the CAT-DEV, and the blue ON light is not illuminated. In this mode, the CAT-DEV is listening for commands from the PC, but is not actually running any applications.
- If the CAT-DEV is turned on and the blue ON light is illuminated, press the POWER Button located between the OFF and CC lights, and hold it until the ON light goes off and the OFF light turns on.
- If the CAT-DEV is not turned on, press the ON/OFF switch on the side of the CAT-DEV. The system turns on in an idle state. The red OFF light is illuminated and the blue ON light remains off.
- Press and hold the INIT Button located next to the HDD light on the front of the CAT-DEV until the blue STAT light begins to blink. This reverts the configuration back to the default factory settings.
- To find the new IP address of your CAT-DEV:
- On the host PC, navigate to the folder where you installed the Cafe SDK, and then double-click
- At the command prompt, type
findbridge -all, and then press ENTER. This starts a search for all CAT-DEVs on your network.
- When the search finishes, a list of all connected CAT-DEVs is displayed with the Bridge Name and IP address. The default Bridge Name for your CAT-DEV is the MAC address. Locate the correct Bridge Name, and then type the corresponding IP address in the address bar of the web browser.
- After performing these steps, return to Set Up the CAT-DEV, select your hardware configuration, and then repeat the instructions in the Set Up IP Addresses section.
2013-11-22 Initial version.