Create a CAT-R Disc
You must use CAT-R discs that have Wii U and Nintendo trademarks.
To create a disc from a mastered .wumad or .wum image
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the Wii U R-Disc
Writing Tool package, and then double-click
wuwriter.exe in the
- To open the tray on the CAT-R Writer, click Eject.
- Insert a blank CAT-R disc in the tray, and then click Load to
close the tray.
- Click Open.
- Select the
.wum image that you want to use, and then click
- To select the CAT-R Writer, click the icon in the box that corresponds to the
drive that you want to use. The box turns blue to indicate that it is selected.
- Click Write.
- Click OK in the dialog box, and then wait for the writing
process to complete.
- Click Eject, remove the disc from the writer, and then
click Load to close the tray.
For instructions on creating master images, see Master Applications in the
Cafe SDK Basics section of the MAN pages.
The process of mastering an image requires a full development environment as described in the Cafe SDK QuickStart Guide (CAT-DEV) document.
2013-05-08 Automated cleanup pass.
2013-02-15 Initial version.