Format the USB Storage Device
The following describes how to format a USB storage device attached to a CAT-DEV or CAT-R
(devkit) development system. The USB storage device is formatted to a Wii File System (WFS).
To format a USB device
- Verify that you have the correct hardware and software installed on your CAT-DEV
or CAT-R. For information, see CAT-DEV
Development Environment, or CAT-R
- Insert the USB storage device into one of the USB ports.
- On System Config Tool, select the
Data Manager option, select the Format External
USB Storage option, and then verify that a device on
- Press the A Button. A dialog box is
displayed that confirms the selection.
- Press the A Button to start
formatting the device. The message "Formatting Device usb to WFS" is displayed.
- When the format completes a message is displayed that tells you that the format
- Reboot the devkit before proceeding.
System Config Tool
Install Titles on the USB Storage Device
List Titles Installed on the USB Storage Device
Browse and Launch Titles from the USB Storage Device
Running Applications Overview
Hard Disk Based Emulation
Launch Applications on CAT-R
System Devices and File Systems
2013/05/08 Automated cleanup pass.
2013/01/23 Updates for System Config Tool
2012/09/05 Initial document